httpd-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bailleul <Emmanuel.Baill...@telindus.fr>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] multipath proxy chaining (failover)
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 09:56:37 GMT

Hi,

The 'ProxyRemote' directive does not seem to handle failover on its own, as per http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxyremote.

Depending on the config of your Apache server (in particular if you use it for other purposes
-ie reverse proxy), you could maybe use a "balancer setup" with two members, the latter being
configured as 'hot-standby' (?). See http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypass
in the same doc for an sample config.
If your goal is only to perform failover of proxy servers, you may also use other "failover"
techniques and/or softwares, for ex. : LVS, haproxy, ...

Regards.

Emmanuel