httpd-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bailleul <Emmanuel.Baill...@telindus.fr>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] proxy chaining to squid
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 10:33:30 GMT

Hi,

My previous replies have been rejected because tagged as spam ... hope this time it gets through

If you need your Apache reverse proxy as a frontend, you should have a look at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxyremote
as a forward proxy would be more effective than a reverse, the latter only forwards requests
to configured origin servers.
Last, but it seems ok in your config, this "forward proxy" setup should be used in the default
vhost (the first one listed).

Regards

Emmanuel