httpd-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Daniel Reinhardt" <crypto...@cryptodan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3 OS X 10.4 help
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 01:20:32 GMT

--------------------------------------------------
From: "Jonathan Zuckerman" <j.zuckerman@gmail.com>
Sent: 24 February, 2010 21:08
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3 OS X 10.4 help

> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 3:26 AM, Rupert Reid <isinglive@madasafish.com>wrote:
>
>>
>> On 23 Feb 2010, at 21:43, Daniel Reinhardt wrote:
>>
>>
>>> --------------------------------------------------
>>> From: "Rupert Reid" <isinglive@madasafish.com>
>>> Sent: 23 February, 2010 18:27
>>> To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
>>> Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3 OS X 10.4 help
>>>
>>>  On 18 Feb 2010, at 20:12, Daniel Reinhardt wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> --------------------------------------------------
>>>>> From: "Rupert Reid" <isinglive@madasafish.com>
>>>>> Sent: 17 February, 2010 16:04
>>>>> To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
>>>>> Subject: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3 OS X 10.4 help
>>>>>
>>>>>  Hello,
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I am new to this but hope that you can help me.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I have 2 virtual domain websites published at http:// 
>>>>>> 80.189.101.120/isinglive/ and
>>>>>> http://80.189.101.120/cantoenvivo/  respectively.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> The following domains: http://isinglive.co.uk and http://
>>>>>> cantoenvivo.com are respectively forwarded to the above url's  using
>>>>>>  my hosts framed web forwarding.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> For example when browser clicks on page 
>>>>>> http://80.189.101.120/isinglive/rosario.php the browser url bar will
show 
>>>>>> http://
>>>>>> isinglive.co.uk.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> What I want to achieve is that when a browser clicks on http://
>>>>>> 80.189.101.120/isinglive/rosario.php, I want apache to send  http://
>>>>>> isinglive.co.uk/rosario.php to the browser (not the  former) or if
>>>>>> http://80.189.101.120/cantoenvivo/filosofia.php is  clicked show
>>>>>> http://cantoenvivo.com/filosofia.php.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> How can I get apache to do dynamically this dynamically for each
>>>>>> virtual domain?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> It is really important for me that the URL as described is sent 
to
>>>>>>  the browser - without it browsers cannot bookmark pages.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> If there is any more information that you need to help with this
>>>>>> please let me know and i will post it.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thanks Rupert
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Never b sharp, never b flat, always b natural.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server
>>>>>>  Project.
>>>>>> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
>>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>>>>>  "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>> Actually,
>>>>>
>>>>> What you are wanting is already being done.  I just tried it, and  it
>>>>> displays as you wish.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>> Daniel
>>>>>
>>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server
>>>>>  Project.
>>>>> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>>>>  "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>> Hello Daniel,
>>>> You are correct.
>>>> The browser displays only http://isinglive.co.uk for each and every
>>>>  page and any page can be bookmarked and returned to using that bookmak.
>>>>
>>>> Hoowever, all bookmarked pages have the same address: http://
>>>> isinglive.co.uk meaning that only pne page from this site can be
>>>>  bookmarked at a time.  If an attempt to bookmark a second page with  the
>>>> same browser is made then the current bookmarked page will be  replaced by
>>>> the new bookmarked page because they have the same name:
>>>> http://isinglive.co.uk. meaning that only pne page from this site can
>>>>  be bookmarked at a time.
>>>>
>>>> What I would prefer is that the full URL is displayed in the browser  so
>>>> that pages can be differentiated.
>>>>
>>>> How can I do this?
>>>>
>>>> Thanks Rupert
>>>> Never b sharp, never b flat, alway's b natural
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server
>>>> Project.
>>>> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>>>  "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>>>>
>>>>
>>> Rupert,
>>>
>>> This is already being done.  I bookmarked like 5 pages, and all go to
>>> their respective targets.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Daniel
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
>>> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>>  "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>> Thanks Daniel,
>>
>> It must be IE that is the problem.  I will try with other browsers when I
>> get the chance.
>>
>>
>> Rupert
>> Never b sharp, never b flat, alway's b natural
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
>> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>  "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>>
>>
> I doubt that IE is the problem.
>

Jonathan,

I booked marked like 5 pages on his site, and all of them show up in Firefox 
with the individual pages as book marks.

Thanks,.
Dan 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org


Mime
View raw message