httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas, Peter" <ptho...@HPTI.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Combining the best of mod_rewrite and mod_proxy
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 22:46:47 GMT
It seems that coercing all your URLs to lower case is one option.  This
is a bit brute-force, and assumes that you have no valid upper-case
URLs!  That said, perhaps you could add a rule as follows:

RewriteMap lower int:tolower
RewriteRule ^/(.*) /${lower:$1}

--Pete

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Stanley [mailto:jonstanley@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 5:33 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Combining the best of mod_rewrite and mod_proxy

I have a weird situation that I'm migrating a site that was using
WebSphere for a backend to using Resin. We have a requirement that
sessions be persistent to the app server, and we've done this thus far
by using ProxyPassMatch <blah> balancer://<blah>
stickysession=JSESSIONID and specifying the route to the backend app
server in the proxy definition.

I now have a requirement (or desire, I should say) for case-insensitive
matching of the URI to be passed through to the app layer.  I know that
I can use mod_rewrite for this, using [NC] at the end of the RewriteCond
line that looks at the URI. However, how do I get it to remain
persistent to the app server in this setup?