httpd-users mailing list archives

From Robert Van Horn <...@abcreek.wisequackranch.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Can I have 2 httpd servers running on 2 different ports?
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2010 20:22:54 GMT
Just give the servers different names. apache2 and
apache2-different_port. Means you have to compile each server with that
name and your server with the not 80 address will have a different
Listen port in the httpd.conf file. Start the server with
/usr/local/apache2-different_port/bin/apachectl start. The nice thing
about doing this is that you can put different things in different
servers - say a light server with not much added and then a server with
php and mod-perl to do other things.

bob