httpd-users mailing list archives

From Paul McFerrin <pmcfer...@columbus.rr.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Upgrading from Apache1 1.x to 2.1.14
Date Sun, 21 Feb 2010 18:07:05 GMT
I gave up on Xampp as a web server.  Too many problems with not having
symbolic links.  Went and got Apache version 2.0.63 and I'm trying to
port it to Cygwin.  The code compiles cleanly but it just don't want to
start up.  The only thing in the error_log file is a complaint about the
PID file was overwritten:

    [Sun Feb 21 00:31:04 2010] [warn] pid file
/usr/local/apache2/logs/httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of
previous Apache run?

This problem is consistent.  I'm attaching the httpd.conf file for you
to examine.  Hopefully someone will see the problem.  I've been on a
router for years with my Apache 1.3.22 server without any problems.  I
sometimes wonder why I'm going this route.  An upgrade??

- Paul