httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sandro Tosi <sandro.t...@register.it>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache is slow at accepting connections
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 07:14:25 GMT
Hi Daniel,
thanks for your reply.

Daniel Reinhardt wrote:
>> We are running Apache as a reverse proxy for a JBoss instance, so we can
>> expect almost no memory leak, so we'll try either with 0 or with a very high
>> value.
>>

> Sandro,
>
> We use various applications at work that use JBoss, and I see the samethings you
> see.  I would suspect that it is an issue with Jboss.  At times we have to call
> in support to restart the hung jboss services to enable faster connection times.

Our problem is not JBoss, luckily :) Calling directly the java app it
replies fast.
> Do you exhibit this same delay on non-jboss served pages?

Yes: we conduct the tests on Apache only calling the server-status page
(ok, it's not "that" static, but it still just queries Apache internal
information to return the status page) and we see the same behavior.

Regards,
Sandro