httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sandro Tosi <sandro.t...@register.it>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache is slow at accepting connections
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 15:40:48 GMT
Hello Emmanuel,
thanks for your reply.

Emmanuel Bailleul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Couldn't this latency come from dns lookups ?

If that's the case, I'd expect to see the delay at each request; I do my
tests on a single machine and I see results with no delay, 3 secs delay,
9 secs delay and conn-timeout. If we have dns-reverse lookup delay I'd
expect it to be a constant time during tests, and also we have dns cache
on the servers, so it should (at least) happen just once and then the
entry be cached locally and not asked to dns server.
> Are you using some directives such as 'UseCanonicalName DNS', 'HostnameLookups On|double'
or even hostnames in some 'VirtualHost' entries ?

None of them are set or set to 'Off'.

Regards,
Sandro