httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RewriteRule - webspace vs. filesystem
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 13:29:51 GMT
On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 8:23 AM, Edgar Frank <ef-lists@email.de> wrote:
> The problem I have is, that Apache complains that /www/index.php
> is not found - which is absolutely right, as index.php only
> exists in the webspace and not in the filesystem. But I would
> expect Apache to consider the Location section instead and not
> to try URL-to-file-mapping.

Apache only complains when no handler steps up to generate a response
for the URL, and the default/core static-file handler kicks into gear.

Your <Location> doens't match the result of your rewrite. Perhaps
you're missing RewriteBase or using a "relative" string for your
substitution, or not using the 'PT' flag for your rules if they're in
<virtualhost> context.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com