httpd-users mailing list archives

From Romain De Rasse <romain.dera...@atosorigin.com>
Subject [users@httpd] multipath proxy chaining (failover)
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 09:26:19 GMT
Hi,

I use the ProxyRemote Directive from the mod_proxy module.

I try to do multipath proxy chaining.

I mean :
ProxyRemote * http://192.168.1.1:999
ProxyRemote * http://192.168.1.254:999

The desired effect is that Apache firstly tries the proxy "192.168.1.1" and forward the request
to this proxy if he is available.
If this proxy is down, then I'd like Apache to try the second proxy (192.168.1.254), so the
path to the web server would be different (failover in case of a dead proxy).

At this time I didn't succeed ;if the first proxy is down then the connection fails.

Does someone have already succeeded in doing such a thing ?

regards,

Romain