httpd-users mailing list archives

From Arunkumar Janarthanan <arunkumar.webad...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache Server status page shows uneven number of requests across load balanced web servers
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2010 14:36:22 GMT
Hello All,

We have apache servers running on RedHat Linux physical servers, all 4
servers are balanced by Citrix Netscaler 8.1 load balancer with round robin
weight load sharing algorithm.

However when I check the server status page to find the number of requests
are served by each Apache server is showing uneven load / number of requests
being processed by each Apache.

I notice the load always getting processed by two specific Apache instances,
here are the configuration details.

Attached here the server status screen shot page of all 4 web servers.

[root@web bin]# ./apachectl -version

Server version: Apache/2.2.6 (Unix)

Server built:   Sep 26 2007 11:18:50

[root@web bin]#

Operating System:

Linux Host1 2.4.21-53.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Nov 14 03:54:12 EST 2007 i686 i686
i386 GNU/Linux

Hardware configuration are same for all 4 physical Linux servers.

Please advice.

Best Regards,

Arun J