httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Reinhardt" <crypto...@cryptodan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Runaway Apache Process
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2010 07:30:34 GMT

From: "Dan Bunyard" <danodemano@gmail.com>
Sent: 27 January, 2010 12:22
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Runaway Apache Process

> I'm going to try to answer all the questions in one email here.
>
> @Daniel Reinhardt
> Here are the full specs:
> CPU: Pentium Dual Core E2220 @ 2.40GHz
> RAM: 5GB DDR2 PC2-6400 @ 800MHz
> Hard Drive: Western Digital SATA II 500GB
> I'm running Fedora 12 (Constantine) on it currently and Apache version
> 2.2.14 with PHP version 5.3.1 and MySQL version 5.1.42.

Dan,

For one thing I would get a beefier CPU.  Your CPU isn't fit to be a serving
machine it is rather slow.  You need to be running a workstation grade CPU Like
a Intel Q6600 or a E6400.

You need to get 6Gigs of RAM for Dual Channel Mode, and verify that your linux
kernel can address the full system memory.  A 32bit OS can only address 2 to
3.25Gigs of RAM, and a 64bit OS can handle more then 4Gigs.

Also, 86.109.170.73, that IP should be blocked from making requests via a
.htaccess.

Thanks,
Daniel