httpd-users mailing list archives

From aurfal...@gmail.com
Subject [users@httpd] link to open local files - intranet/local access only
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 19:40:43 GMT
Hi all,

Completely unsure were to start on this one.

I've 3 platforms to support (Windows, Linux, Mac), which use file
browsers of Windows Explorer, Conquerer, OSX Finder respectively.

Our intranet has links to files were we would like those directory
locations to open when clicked.

Basically we are trying the ease file navigation for our users because
the paths can be very long.  The files vary in type which are
irrelevant in that we just want there local file browser to open up to
that specific directory location.

I'm flexible in that I could enforce the use of 1 browser like Firefox
on all three platforms, but how do I go about getting this running?

My setup;

Apache 2.2.3 on Centos 5.3
Centos 5.3 clients
OSX 10.5 clients
XP clients

Browsers can be anything, Firefox is fine for us.

Thanks in adavnce for any clues.

- aurf