httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joe Hammerman <jhammer...@videoegg.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Some background information on our use case (Was mod_log_config issue)
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2010 01:31:58 GMT
So perhaps someone on the users list has an alternative method for addressing the issue we
are encountering.

Our setup is that we have Amazon EC2 instances serving our web content. If we logged the request
host IP, we would have a log filled with the IP's of the Amazon load balancers. Therefore,
we use the XFF HTTP header in our logs.

The issue we are encountering is that if a client makes a request from behind a proxy, the
proxy's IP is logged as well. We want to strip out all of the proxy IP's and only record the
client IP.

This is what we were hoping to utilize Sed for in our Custom log set up.

Any and all input is appreciated!