httpd-users mailing list archives

From Francis GALIEGUE <...@one2team.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.2: mod_proxy_balancer does not work as documented?
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2010 08:28:37 GMT
Hello everyone,

For a production platform, we have plans to migrate to Apache 2.2,
using mod_proxy_ajp and mod_proxy_balancer instead of mod_jk.

Unfortunately, while the "single Tomcat below" case works with no
problem, the balancer does not work at all...

Here is the relevant part of the configuration:

        <Proxy balancer://rod-r7>
                BalancerMember
ajp://tomcat-rod-r7.admin.one2team.rod:8009 keepalive=On
                BalancerMember
ajp://tomcat-cdgdev-r7.admin.one2team.rod:8009 keepalive=On
                ProxySet stickysession=JSESSIONID nofailover=On
        </Proxy>

        RewriteEngine On
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/servlet/ [OR]
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} \.jsp$
        RewriteRule ^/(.*) balancer://rod-r7/$1 [P]

With this configuration, sessions do not stick :(

So, looking at the documentation again, I saw that there is a
scolonpathdelim parameter which can be set to On, in order to account
for the part behind the ';' in the JSESSIONID. And indeed, there is
one in the generated cookies.

Unfortunately, when I add this to the ProxySet directive above, httpd
-S says that the parameter is unknown :(

Help :(

--

Francis Galiegue
ONE2TEAM