httpd-users mailing list archives

From steve reilly <sfrei...@roadrunner.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Something's fishy going on: dead server & no log messages
Date Sat, 30 Jan 2010 22:46:27 GMT
Paul McFerrin wrote:
> Wow, my base site at http://localhost works !!!
> Second: windows firewall is in fact disabled.
> Third: infection due to unsafe surfing which is history now.
> Fourth: To reload.  Complete Installation including FORMAT from a XP Pro
> CD that included all of the updates thru SP3 on one CD.  Everything else
> reinstalled from disk copies I've kept over the years.  No further updates.
>
> Service: Residential.  This is very low traffic.  My email and download
> traffic is considerable more.  TIMING COINCIDENCE??? Maybe.  I hate to
> contact them and raise their level of suspicion.

i doubt time warner is blocking anything but mail transfer ports.  ive
been running 3 sites from a residential account for over 5 years with no
problems. (im definately not using windows though, bsd and linux) you
have your router and port forwarding 80 to the internal ip of your
apache install working properly?

steve