httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Bakshi" <joyd...@infoservices.in>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Newbie question about vhost log and webalizer
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:15:37 GMT
L.M.J wrote:
> Here is my solution, I hope it could help you out :
>

> Apache side
>   # cat /etc/apache2/sites-available/intranet
>     <VirtualHost *>
>         ServerName intranet
>         [...]
>         ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/intranet_error.log
>         CustomLog /var/log/apache2/intranet_access.log "combined"
>         LogLevel error
>         ScriptAlias /awstats/ "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/"
>         [...]
>     </VirtualHost>

I am working in the direction you have provided in your short and nice
email.  I have installed awstas in opensuse 11.1 server ( from .rpm
availavle at rpm search) and modified my httpd.conf with

` ` `
# READ  FROM  /usr/local/awstats/tools/httpd_conf

Alias /awstatsclasses "/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/classes/"
Alias /awstatscss "/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/css/"
Alias /awstatsicons "/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/icon/"
ScriptAlias /awstats/ "/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/cgi-bin/awstats.pl"

#
# This is to permit URL access to scripts/files in AWStats directory.
#
<Directory "/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot">
    Options None
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

` ` `
All the path are valid.

I have also created the required configuration with SiteDomain for a
vhost.  After restaring the apache If I visit my vhost like

http://myvhost.com/awstats/  it gives error "Access forbidden!"  and
apache error log reports

` ` `
attempt to invoke directory as script: /usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/cgi-bin/

` ` `

on the other hand http://myvhost.com/awstats/ awstat.pl   generates the
graph but no icons.

What am I missing here ? Any clue ?