httpd-users mailing list archives

From Robin Becker <ro...@reportlab.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Running Python over FastCGI
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2010 14:56:16 GMT
On 21/01/2010 13:54, Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
> On 01/21/2010 11:31 AM, Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
>> Hi, I have Apache 2.2.14 with mod_fastcgi. I am running PHP using this
>> configuration -
>>
>> AddHandler php-fcgi .php
>>
>> FastCgiServer cgi-bin/php-cgi
>>
>> Action php-fcgi cgi-bin/php-cgi
>>
>> <FilesMatch "\.php$">
>>
>> Options +ExecCGI
>>
>> </FilesMatch>
>>
>> And it is working properly.
>>
>> Is there any such method to run python too ? I am relatively new to
>> python and won't like to use that WSGI things.
>>

> List, any ideas ?

I run django applications using the fastcgi handlers provided by flup see

http://www.saddi.com

effectively we serve fastcgi for various domains using a specific fastcgi server
socket; it works very well and decouples the python from the apache process.
I've also used the same mechanism to run fastcgi scripts which also worked
pretty well.
--
Robin Becker