httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] %2F to /
Date Sun, 17 Jan 2010 11:54:04 GMT
On 1/16/2010 9:51 AM, Kpadvel wrote:
> Okey, I wasn't aware of that. Starting a new thread.
>
> Experts plesae advise and here is the problem...
>
> We are getting a dummy 404-not found error on a page wherein which the URL has %2F and
it needs to be decoded as / but thats not happening. We don't use Vhost and proxy pass. We
added the AllowEncodedSlashes On to the server config but still no luck. We haven't compiled
the Apache with php.

%2F is not '/' - please read your RFC 2616 very carefully, the character
'/' is a path delimiter; and %2F != '/' for purposes of the protocol, but
another character entirely.  If httpd did what you have requested, it would
be riddled with security holes.