httpd-users mailing list archives

From Reese <howel...@inkworkswell.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Mod_Rewrite voodoo
Date Sat, 09 Jan 2010 18:37:40 GMT
On 09-Jan-10 13:07, Eric Covener wrote:

> To kill the looping:
>
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/20\d+

I tried:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} subdomain\.domain\.ext
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/20\d+
RewriteRule (.*)(0[5-9]).html$ /20$2/$1$2.html [R=301,L]

For http://subdomain.domain.ext/fileDDMMYY.ext there was no effect,
that file loaded at that URL.

If I specified http://subdomain.domain.ext/2009/fileDDMM09.ext
(the file does exist and is the target of the redirect), then I
received a looping error.

So I tried swapping the positions of the two RewriteCond statements.
That caused an internal server error.

> or
> Change your rewriterule to make sure it doesn't match URI's starting
> with digits.
>
> If the 2005 is PATH_INFO, test the [DPI] flag.

I added DPI to the other flags in the RewriteRule line, it caused
an internal server error.

There's only just so much testing I can do on live files, when
I'm testing voodoo I do not completely understand. I appreciate
the assistance so far, but I'm really grasping at straws and
would appreciate a bit more detail.

Reese