httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tushar Joshi <tjo...@turtle.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Getting HTTP Headers from CGI program
Date Sat, 02 Jan 2010 11:42:10 GMT
On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 06:45:51PM +0000, Nick Kew wrote:

> On 31 Dec 2009, at 17:31, Tushar Joshi wrote:
> >
> > Right bottom posting this time. I've looked in the manual searched on the web but
I presume there isn't an easy way. I've looked at mod header and set env and I don't really
want to add a perl wrapper to a lovely C program. I was hoping I could do something like getenv("HEADERS_REMAINING")
or I could write an apache module to grab the SOAPAction header and set it in an environment
variable.

> If SOAPAction is an HTTP header, I suggest looking at the CGI spec
> (which is very, very simple) for how to get it.

I've had a look and SOAPAction seems to be an extension maybe of some
sort as listed here

http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/NOTE-SOAP-20000508/#_Toc478383528

It just doesn't seem like apache has a way of getting the value of this
header easily. I've had a look at using mod_header/setenvif but I'm
hoping to have about 100 different values for SOAPAction. It seems I can
write an apache module to maybe do this:

HTTPHeader SOAPAction

Which will convert the SOAPAction header to an environment variable
HTTPHeader_SOAPAction and maybe the prefix can be defined as well.

Tushar