httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Associate Alias with a VirtualHost
Date Sun, 03 Jan 2010 18:48:09 GMT
On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Daniel D Jones <ddjones@riddlemaster.org> wrote:

> I want this alias to take affect only under the SSL virtual host

> I could, of course, move the Alias and associated configs under the
> <VirtualHost> section of 000-default, but that rather defeats the purpose of
> having split config files.

If you don't want to put the alias in the proper context (your own SSL
VirtualHost), you can configure it globally and redirect to SSL in a
<Directory> container:
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/RedirectSSL

Split config files allow the packager to maintain a subset of your
config files, and allow other packages to drop config files into place
without editing existing files, but there's little cause for adding
directives out of context to keep them tidy in some filesystem layout
that Apache doesn't care about.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com