httpd-users mailing list archives

From Edgar Frank <ef-li...@email.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] can we run two SSL domains on one IP
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 09:59:10 GMT
> 2010/01/19 Edgar Frank
> > 2010/01/19 Nasir Zia
> > can anyone tell me can i run my two different SSL domains ex:
> > abc.com and xyz.com on one IP address or i need second IP
> > address to the server.
>
> what you're looking for is an Apache >= 2.2.12 and an
> SNI-enabled mod_ssl.

Oh, I meant SNI-enabled OpenSSL installation and a mod_ssl/Apache
compiled against this installation.

As an alternative to SNI (if you have clients with
WinXP/Internet Explorer...), you could also use a wildcard
certificate with all its associated security risks or a
certificate with the subjectAltName extension.
Your cert-provider should be able to give you all the necessary
information.

Regards,
Edgar