httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wesley Stupar" <comp...@roadrunner.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Trouble installing on windows 7
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 03:52:02 GMT
Hi William,

Sorry to say, I cannot help on this one. But for what little solace it
is, I believe that Windows 7 is a sham and an affront to the user
community. It is simply an attempt to gather more money into the
Microsoft coffers. Have you considered Linux?

Wes Stupar

-----Original Message-----
From: William Foster [mailto:williamkf@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 5:54 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Trouble installing on windows 7

Hi,

I am trying to install Apache HTTP Server v2.2.14 on a machine
recently upgraded to Windows 7. Apache worked fine under Windows XP,
but when I go to install this in Windows 7, the install script appears
to hang. In the install wizard dialog it states:

  Installing Apache HTTP Server 2.2.14
  The program features you selected are being installed.

  Please wait while the Installation Wizard installs Apache HTTP
Server 2.2.14. This may take several minutes.

  <progress bar with thin sliver at left edge that makes no progress>

I tried with and without openSSL support, both fail the same way.

Is this install script known to work on Windows 7? If so, how do I
debug what is going wrong?

Thanks.

-William