httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Tice <mjt...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_cache caching cluster
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 19:08:28 GMT
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has run across a means consolidating or
clustering their cache?  Currently we have 20 nodes that only serve up
static content.  Each node is configured with a 6G ramdisk
(mod_disk_cache).  This works *ok* except for a couple issues.  1) We
experience intermittent performance issues (it seems to happen when
htcacheclean kicks off), and 2) the cache varies from machine to machine.

I was digging around with mod_memcache - I really like the idea but 1) it
doesn't look like it's actively developed, and 2) I can't seem to get the
caching to do what I want.  I was also briefly looking at JCS - but that
maybe a little overkill?

I could have the content stored on a shared NFS mount but I wanted to stay
away from disk-based caching if I could.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas I'd appreciate it greatly.

Matt