httpd-users mailing list archives

From Manoj Samtani <manoj.kuma...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite + mod_headers :How to set Cache instructions for Rewritten .swf content only ?
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2009 18:52:36 GMT

You can use the following code to cache only .swf files:

<FilesMatch *.swf$>
Header set 604800 public must-revalidate
</FilesMatch>

regards

Manoj
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 17:53:43 -0800
From: abapguy@yahoo.com
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite + mod_headers :How to set Cache instructions for Rewritten
.swf content only  ?

Hi Apache Experts,
I wish to set 2 Cache statements for .swf files (only) . I am rewriting using mod_rewrite
and have enabled mod_headers .
My 1st attempt did not work  :

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} \.(swf)$ [NC]
Header set Cache-Control "must-revalidate, proxy-revalidate"
Header set Pragma "public"
RewriteRule ^/<flash_dir>/(.*)\.swf https://<servername>/<flash_dir>/$1.swf
[P,NC,L]

It seems RewriteCond is applied to the next Rewrite rule ..but the Headers are set for all
subsequent Rewrite rules ..not what I wanted .
Is this the wrong way to do it ? How do I set the Headers for .swf files only ?

Regards
Daniel

New Windows 7: Simplify what you do everyday. Find the right PC for you.
http://windows.microsoft.com/shop