httpd-users mailing list archives

From Manohar G L <gmano...@cordys.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Unable to play streaming windows media through forward proxy.
Date Sun, 13 Dec 2009 05:43:48 GMT
Hi
Forgot to mention that we use apache 2.2.4 .

Thanks
Manohar
From: gmanohar [gmanohar@cordys.com]
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 6:32 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Unable to play streaming windows media through forward proxy.

Hi ,

I have apache configured as a forward proxy , and all my machines in the
network use apache as proxy in the browser to access the internet.
I recently came across an issue with a site that streams wmx videos ,and
I am unable to play the videos with any browser through the proxy.
The browser hangs most of the time, or just stops without playing the video.
When I try to play the videos without the proxy, they play fine.My media
player settings has http protocol set to browser and other protocols as
no proxy.
The interesting thing observed is that, my apache configuration has
KeepAlive On with a timeout of 3 seconds,when I change the KeepAlive to
Off the video plays fine most of the time.

The URL which is causing the issue is :
"http://www.rtl.nl/components/reality/expeditierobinson/miMedia/206041/206053.s4m.26000966.Expeditie_Robinson_2009_s5_a12.xml"
Can anyone please help me in this regard.

Thanks,
Manohar.

The information contained in this communication is confidential, intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may be legally privileged and protected
by professional secrecy. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any
action or omission taken by you in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please
immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error. This email does
not constitute any commitment from Cordys Holding BV or any of its subsidiaries except when
expressly agreed in a written agreement between the intended recipient and Cordys Holding
BV or its subsidiaries. Cordys is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission
of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt. Cordys
does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that the
communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference. If you are not the intended
recipient of this communication please return the communication to the sender and delete and
destroy all copies.