httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Reinhardt" <crypto...@cryptodan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Building Apache 2.2 without IPv6
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 16:41:42 GMT
Krist,

First of all I came here for help with disabling IPv6 not a testimony from
other users on how useful it is for a small LAN.

Give me one good reason why IPv6 is useful for a small home LAN where I can
use 192.168.0.0/16 and have more IP's then I can use.

I want to do this so all my daemons are listening on IPv4, so that my Home
Router can deal with it as it doesn't support IPv4 over IPv6 and vice versa.
> All,
>
> I want to build Apache 2.2.14 without any referrence to IPv6. I have
> removed
> IPv6 support from the Kernel, because I find it useless on a small home
> LAN.
>
> How would I tell apr to leave out IPv6 when compiling?

The first question is why do you want to do this? And why, If this is
just a small home LAN are you even compiling apache yourself.
(And actually IPv6 can be very usefull on a home lan, but that's another
story)

Jeff,

I have done the below with --disable-ipv6 in my configure options, but it
still builds it with IPv6 Enabled.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 12:43 AM, Daniel Reinhardt
<cryptodan@cryptodan.net> wrote:

> How would I tell apr to leave out IPv6 when compiling?

Add --disable-ipv6 to your configure options.

Hint: ./configure --help (and srclib/apr/configure --help if using bundled
APR)