httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] writing modules?
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 16:23:27 GMT

On Dec 3, 2009, at 09:56 , John Hudak wrote:

> I assume you are developing for Apache 2?
> You might want to do some searching and reading on Apache modules API:
> http://www.linuxdocs.org/HOWTOs/Apache-Overview-HOWTO-12.html
> http://modules.apache.org/doc/Intro_API_Prog.html
>
> As well as other 'house keeping' activities that must be done:
> http://threebit.net/tutorials/apache2_modules/tut1/tutorial1.html
>
> O'Reiley has some pretty good books detailing the process....

No, O'Reilly doesn't have any books on the subject at all. The only
book on the subject is Nick Kew's book.

If you're referring to the Eagle book, please note that it's ten years
old and focuses primarily on Perl. It was a good book at the time, but
is now mostly a bookend. At 700 pages, it plays that role effectively
and attractively.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com