httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jaap A. Haitsma" <j...@haitsma.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Alias for htaccess
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2009 12:12:34 GMT
Hi,

I know you cannot use the Alias directive in htaccess but I was
wondering if I can achieve something similar to that.

I have the following problem. With my hosting provider I can add more
domains to my main domain with which I registered. However they have
to be in subdirectories

To be more precise, my main domain (e.g www.maindomain.com) is in the directory
/public_html
and my add on domain can then be in
/public_html/www.addondomain.com

What I want is that my main domain is in
/public_html/www.maindomain.com

I've asked my hosting provider and they say they cannot do this. So I
was wondering if there is a trick on how to this with for example an
htaccess file

Thanks

Jaap