httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Reinhardt" <crypto...@cryptodan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Building Apache 2.2 without IPv6
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 09:04:38 GMT
From: "William A. Rowe Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>
Sent: 04 December, 2009 8:51
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Building Apache 2.2 without IPv6
> But if APR *detected* IPv6 functions, that functionality is enabled.  If
> your packager dropped you an IPv6 enabled package and an IPv4 kernel, that
> is their mistake and you need to move this dialog to their forum if you
> hope
> to gain any results from your complaints.

I got the package from http://httpd.apache.org via the download links.  It
always detected IPv6 regardless of having --disable-ipv6 in my configure
options.  This package for HTTPD didn't come from the Slackware
Developmental team.  I have no IPv6 in my kernel, so why should I have it in
software I compile myself?

Consider this thread over and dealt with.