httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Greene, Gregory" <gregory.gre...@unh.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Enabling Server Side Includes in Apache2.2
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 16:52:16 GMT
Can anyone help a new user of Apache2.2?  I'm trying to enable SSI on the server but don't
seem to
be having much luck.  I've looked on google and in the FAQ and put into place what seems to
be fairly
straightforward edits but it never works.  Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Here's what I put in my httpd.conf file:

<Directory "/var/www/html">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes

    AllowOverride None

    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all

    AddType text/html .html
    AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .html
    AddType text/html .htm
    AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .htm
</Directory>

I also tried experimenting with the XBitHack directive but it didn't help either.  Beginning
to wonder if
my HTML code to include is just not in the right format.  It did work when I ran this webserver
on
Windows 2003 Server but perhaps it's not compatible with Apache/Linux.  Here is the line I'm
looking
to include:

<!-- #include file="game.htm" -->

I have a bunch of galleries of images in a directory structure in /var/www/html.  Do you have
to define
each and every one in the httpd.conf file?  I tried doing that for one gallery but it didn't
work either.

Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance.

Greg