httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Rabadan Palenque, Jose" <jose-raba...@rba.es>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] rewriterules
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2009 10:24:04 GMT
Hi,

Whit the help of other member of the list (Antonio) I understood rewriterules is not what
I need, the best option is mod_proxy

This is what I have:
Server.apache
Server.plone

And I want this:
When accessing https://server.apache redirect to http://server.plone but "hiding" the url
and showing https://server.apache

Now I'm reading documentation about mod_proxy

Thanks!

Saludos,

Jose Rabadán

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Krist van Besien [mailto:krist.vanbesien@gmail.com]
Enviado el: miércoles, 16 de diciembre de 2009 10:21
Para: users@httpd.apache.org
Asunto: Re: [users@httpd] rewriterules

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Rabadan Palenque, Jose
<jose-rabadan@rba.es> wrote:

>             RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://ploneserver:8080/VirtualHostBase/https/%{SERVER_NAME}:443/$1
[P]

It is perfectly possible to use RewriteRules to proxy a particular URL
to another server. And the general pattern is indeed:
RewriteRule   <URL pattern> http://<destination server>/<destination URL>.

If you have trouble making this work we can help. However, you need to
provide us with more information. And your URL looks funny, I'm not
sure that URLs with a : followed by what looks like a port number are
a good idea...

- What do you mean with "it does not work". What were you expecting,
and what did you get in stead? Be specific.
- Switch on the RewriteLog, and look in the log what you see there. If
you see something there you don't understand feel free to ask here.
- Also check that your backend is not messing things up by sending
redirects to URLs that the client can't reach.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org