httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Long graceful restart time
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2009 03:14:01 GMT
Evan Champion wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a large Apache proxy server (around 24000 <Proxy> statements spread over
almost 200 listening ports) that I graceful restart once per day to update the configuration
from a database.  Our service monitoring tools indicate that during the graceful restart the
server can take in excess of 1 minute to respond to new client connections.

> Is there anything I can do to work around this?

Do you mean huge numbers of virtual hosts?  Go to bugzilla,
grab the patch from Bug 41887, and apply it.

(it's applied in trunk).

--
Nick Kew