httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Counting requests
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2009 09:27:11 GMT
ricardo figueiredo wrote:
> hi,
>
> How Can I count the number of requests processed ?
>
> For example,
> I would like to count the number of requests were processed each ten
> seconds. Like as monitor
Maybe first look at tools such as munin
(http://munin.projects.linpro.no/) and webalizer.

In a very generic way, I would recommend looking at it this way : Apache
can already generate an access log (CustomLog) with basically all the
information you need or want for analysing your webserver traffic, and
this log generation is fairly-well optimised.
Anything that you would introduce in addition in the webserver is likely
to have a significant impact on performance.
So look at existing tools which analyse the access log after the fact
and present it nicely, rather than re-inventing the world.