httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] best way to modify a URL
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:41:58 GMT

>> 2. major issue: form POST problem: form POST should probably not get
>> redirected either, but so far I can't find what condition to test for

Purely as an aside :

Redirecting a POST internally is not a problem, because it happens
early, before Apache even starts to read the request body (so to speak).

Redirecting a POST externally (through a browser re-direct response) is
more of a problem, because then the browser has to re-submit the entire
POST a second time, and browsers are inconsistent about that.

But POST is not a problem with Virtual Hosts, because if your website is
correctly structured, browser will be talking to the correct Host right
away.