httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy(_ajp) key=value explanation
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2009 21:52:47 GMT
Eric Covener wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 4:42 PM, André Warnier <aw@ice-sa.com> wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> In the following kind of directive
>>
>> ProxySet ajp://backend:7001 timeout=15
>>
>> mentioned in :
>> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxyset
>>
>> to what do the "keys" (in this case, "timeout") really correspond ?
>> To the attribute names of the AJP Connector in Tomcat ?
>> Or to some more obscure reference somewhere ?
>>

> The keys are defined in the ProxyPass directives documentation.

Thanks. I missed that one.
I have not yet read the whole thing in detail (there is quite a lot),
but scanning the keys, I do not see one corresponding to the
"request.secret" attribute of the Tomcat AJP Connector.
Does that mean I can't use it for now with mod_proxy_ajp ?

Actually, the problem is one posed by someone on the Tomcat list.
The OP there was wondering how it would be possible to selectively
allow/disallow some front-end Apache's from proxying to the Tomcat AJP
port.  A RemoteAddressValve in Tomcat won't do, because it filters on
the base of the original client address.
He is using mod_proxy_ajp at the Apache level.
Any idea ?