httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jos Chrispijn <apa...@webrz.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2
Date Sat, 05 Dec 2009 16:30:16 GMT
Rich Bowen wrote:
> Being logged on as root makes no difference, because this is a HTTP
> request to the server.
>
> What does the error log say? You're probably lacking an "allow from"
> directive somewhere. See:
> http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/ClientDeniedByServerConfiguration and
Just found out (reading some stuff about directives) that in the
standard httpd.conf file there is a section:

# First, we configure the "default" to be a very restrictive set of
features.
#
<Directory />
    AllowOverride None
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
</Directory>

which I hashed out immediately to see what would happen. After that, I
browsed to one of my sites and got response, but only .php code
contents. So I knew I was on the right way. Then I noticed that in my
httpd.conf there was a line saying:

*LoadModule php5_module libexec/apache22/libphp5.so
*
but there wasn't a accompanied AddType application directive! So I added
in the <IfModule mime_module> an extra line, saying

*AddType application/x-httpd-php .php*

After restarting Apache22, it all works again without problems. And even
faster than it did before!

I am quite pleased to see that the httpd.conf is considerably shorter
than the Apache1.3x was. Mine is so compact now that you nearly wouldn't
believe it would work.
So overall experience for an Apache nub like me: if you can, do use it.
Will make your life much easier when it runs finally :-)

Thanks,
Jos Chrispijn