httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache module to handle form-based Authentication
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 23:52:22 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:
> On 2 Dec 2009, at 23:16, André Warnier wrote:
>
>> Does someone know of a current module (internal or external to Apache itself), which
offers this ?

>> Subsidiary question : I remember from the last ApacheCON Europe in Amsterdam, that
there was some talk about an Apache session module (mod_session ?), which I suppose could
have this as a part. But I have never heard again of that Apache session module.
>> Is there any news on that ?
>
> It's in trunk (and 2.3.4).

Apologies for my lack of knowledge of such matters, but what does that
mean from a practical, Apache user's point of view ?
Is it available to be used ?
Can it be used with Apache 2.2.14 ?
Is it "safe" to use ?
Any wild guesstimate about a possible timeframe for the release of
Apache 2.4 ?

You are also not contradicting my guess that mod_session might include a
form-based login scheme, but not explicitly confirming it either.  Does it ?

Thanks