httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Redirect permanent http to https fails
Date Tue, 29 Dec 2009 13:06:42 GMT
On 28.12.09 17:42, Jeff Shearer wrote:
> The Redirect permanent /private https://*******/private failed in the main
> server config.  As did a bunch of other alternatives.

You have virtual hosts configured, many directives from main server config
usually won't get used in this case.

> However, your suggestion to use RedirectPermanent provided by mod_alias
> within the virtual host container worked like a charm.

as would "Redirect permanent". Your problem was the context where you've had
this directive, not the directive itself.

> I did not see this approach within the excellent documentation.

maybe you just did not read or understand it fully...

And, I hope you do understand the difference between /private and /private/
in these cases