httpd-users mailing list archives

From Morgan Gangwere <0.fracta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] security scanner for apache ?
Date Sun, 27 Dec 2009 22:13:41 GMT
On Sunday 27 December 2009 05:45:01 am Frank Bonnet wrote:
> I'm searching for tools to check eventuals security holes in an apache
> server . The server runs Zope in https mode

Honestly, that's something you do yourself. Pen-tests are a /custom/ thing. So
far, https is as secure a layer as the encryption (TLS/SSL). Apache itself is
fairly secure, but its only as secure as the application running on it.

"Remember, the weakest link of security is your users: Assume they have their
login credentials written in big bold marker on their desk."
 -- Author Unknown.

-~-
Morgan Gangwere