httpd-users mailing list archives

From Noah Sheppard <nls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] [mod_fcgid] automatic restart of modified scripts
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 21:25:58 GMT
On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 04:01:19PM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 2:57 PM, Noah Sheppard <nlshep@gmail.com> wrote:
> > mod_fastcgi had a configuration option that would cause it to check
> > the mtime of a script each time it was requested, and restart that
> > script if it was already running and the mtime of the script was
> > newer than the time the running process was started.
>
> Do you have a doc (blog, webpage, anything) reference?

Here is a doc on mod_fastcgi itself, particularly the -autoUpdate flag for
FastCgiConfig: http://www.fastcgi.com/drupal/node/25#FastCgiConfig

> Perhaps this was via a third-party patch that wasn't integrated into
> mod_fcgid 2.2 mainline, which is what was donated to the ASF?

I searched the fastcgi devel mailing list for autoUpdate and didn't find any
insight into who originally wrote the functionality.

> As you mention that someone implemented this before, I should point
> out that the original author of the patch (whether a completely new
> patch or an ancient one) should be the one to submit the patch.

That makes sense. If there is nobody to write that, I might consider doing
so and submitting it.

Thanks,
--
Noah Sheppard