httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Enabling SSL on a virtual host
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:53:26 GMT
On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 10:48 AM, Jonathan Mast
<jhmast.developer@gmail.com> wrote:
> So my question is, how do I configure the VirtualHost to allow HTTP traffic
> (port 80) and HTTPS traffic (443)?

You need two virtualhosts, one with SSL and one without. If you want
everything other than SSL to be common, use Include to source a common
config.

I'd suggest *:80 and *:443 until you have to actually discriminate
based on the local IP address. If you need to discriminate based on
hostname requested for non-SSL, add NameVirtualHost *:80.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com