httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] I need a technique for executing very fast code behind the httpd apache server.
Date Sun, 27 Dec 2009 00:40:31 GMT

On 26 Dec 2009, at 13:04, Andrei Paul Nistor wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> Question: Is it any way possible to access through the httpd server resources like objects
or remote procedures that run on the server in binary form and dont get disposed after each
call of the resources?

Sure.  You can implement your choice of protocol in a module, either
as a content handler from scratch, or as a mod_proxy backend.

Or you can use a protocol apache already supports: CGI and FastCGI
are simple glue to your own programs, or if your program supports
(say) HTTP or AJP you could just use the proxy.

> I read lately alot about cgi and the apache server but i haven't found an answer for
what I'm looking for. I developed a small "program" (script) in javascript that runs local
in each browser. I also can comunicate with a http server via ajax form within the browsers
and ask for resouces.  Now I need a way to create on the serverside a program that builds
up compiled objects that can read each other properties and running in an semi-endless loop,
it also has to run very fast, but it seems i miss the technologie for this.

FastCGI might be a simple fix for that sort of thing.

--
Nick Kew