httpd-users mailing list archives

From LuKreme <krem...@kreme.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: .htaccess restricts write permission from webdav
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 13:58:01 GMT
On 6-Dec-2009, at 20:15, J. Bakshi wrote:
> Though I have fond that creating a .htaccess or deleting it through webdav is not possible.

Usually apache is setup to refuse to serve .ht* files for security reasons. If this is not
the case, there's no reason the htaccess file should not be available via webdav.

The block usually looks something like this in httpd.conf:

<Files ~ "^\.ht">
    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
    Satisfy All
</Files>

Now, exposing the innards of the .htaccess of especially .htpasswd files like this is certainly
risky, so I wouldn't do it.

--
Oh, he's just like any other man, only more so.