httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nicholas Sherlock <n.sherl...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Request concurrency issue
Date Sun, 22 Nov 2009 08:49:09 GMT
Toomas Aas wrote:
> Say, I open a browser and enter request for
> http://mysite.com/LargeTextFile.txt
>
> The file begins to load in the browser window.
>
> While the file is loading, I open another browser tab and enter the same
> request there.
> The file in second tab doesn't begin to load until it has completed loading in
> the first tab.

This is what I'd expect if your server was sending directives to your
browser which indicated that it could just download the file once and
display it from its local cache for the second tab - i.e. there is no
point in downloading it twice. What headers are you sending? Check with
something like the "Live HTTP Headers" plugin for Firefox.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock