httpd-users mailing list archives

From Randy Paries <rtpar...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] apache with 2 SSL Certs Problem
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 02:15:58 GMT
Hello,
i have a box with two domains
CentOS release 5.3
Server version: Apache/2.2.3

initially the box only had one IP and domain.

I went and got a SSL cert for that domain and everything was fine.

i then went and added a second IP and a second Domain (eventually i
planned to split these)

I then created a test self signed cert for the second domain/IP (same NIC card)

Since i have done that my first domain/IP SSL gives me the error
message that it is the incorrect cert
"cert belongs to a different site" and when i look at the cert via FF
it is all localhost / self signed stufff

i even yesterday tried to re-issue the old cert
openssl req -new -key www.mydomain.com.key -out www.mydomain.com.csr

I have removed the ssl on the second domain for now

in my httpd,conf I am pointing to the key and crt i just created
    SSLEngine on
    SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/www.mydomain.com.crt
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/www.mydomain.com.key

in the SSL error log i see
[Thu Nov 12 09:26:41 2009] [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA
certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
[Thu Nov 12 09:26:41 2009] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName
(CN) `localhost.localdomain' does NOT match server name!?

I would really appreciate any help
Randy