httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bostjan Skufca <bost...@lenivec.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Lots of page faults
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 19:17:36 GMT
Hi everybody!

I have noticed that Apache (2.2.14/linux) is causing a lot of page faults
while serving any request, be it static file or some application server
stuff.

Correlation goes like this:
- benchmark is started with 4 ab processes with 32 clients each.
- benchmark results at around 2k requests per second for tiny static file
- page faults start at rate 2 x requests/s but in a couple of seconds drop
to 1-to-1 correlation with req/s.

I tried to exclude logging and only external module (PHP) but did not help.
Openssl support is also compiled in.

Can anyone point me in some direction where I should look/search to resolve
this? Or is this normal behaviour?

Thank you very much,
Bostjan