httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jack Knowlton" <jknowl...@vp44.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Redirect ANY request to one page
Date Sat, 14 Nov 2009 16:34:38 GMT
Hi all.
I am trying to have apache (2.2.14-1 from Debian) redirect any request to
a certain page. In the server root I have the single file "park.html" and
I want that all requests for resources (documents as well as folders) on
that domain be redirected to that particular page.
To be specific:
* Request: "www.domain.com" -> redirect "www.domain.com/park.html"
* Request: "www.domain.com/otherpage.php" -> "www.domain.com/park.html"
* Request: "www.domain.com/dir1/hello.cgi" -> "www.domain.com/park.html"
ecc..

I currently tried using the following rule: "RedirectMatch permanent
^(.*)$ /park.html" but it doesn't seem to work (results in an infinite
loop).
Since I need the redirect badly, I set up 404s to go to "park.html" but I
think that won't go so well with robots.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

-JK