httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ruiyuan Jiang <Ruiyuan_Ji...@liz.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Passing remote client IP address to backend server and session stickness
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2009 21:37:18 GMT
Hi, all

Question 1: Is there a way to pass Internet users' IP address to backend server through Apache
reverse proxy server? I am testing that feature so far no luck. My backend server gets Apache
proxy server's IP address. But I'd like to have Internet users' IP being passed through Apache.
This is http request.

Question 2: I am testing another Apache reverse proxy which proxies two backend https servers.
I am trying to use mod_proxy_balancer.

<proxy balancer://mycluster>
	Balancermember https://192.168.1.1:443 keepalive=on
	Balancermember https://192.168.1.2:443 keepalive=on
</proxy>

Proxypass /test balancer:mycluster/

When I test to access the site, I got login prompt from first server which I saw from access
log. I typed in login name and password. I got the login prompt back but from the log I saw
the connectivity was back from server 2. It seems to me like round robin connection to backend
server by Apache. I tried with keyword "JSESSION" but no luck. Does anyone know how to configure
Apache so the same connection always goes through the same backend https (http) server. Thanks
in advance.

Ryan Jiang

This message (including any attachments) is intended
solely for the specific individual(s) or entity(ies) named
above, and may contain legally privileged and
confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this message and then delete it.
Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message,
or the taking of any action based on it, by other than the
intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.